We are ready to welcome the Class of 2022 to the high school RAMily! We spent tonight welcoming families and giving our incoming freshmen a bit more time to navigate the building with our Tomorrow’s Leaders!
Transition is never easy and moving from 8th grade to high school can be anxiety producing for students and families. I have found some universal messages over the years that are timeless. Tell your new high schooler:
- There is no one right path ~ listen to what excites you and pursue it
- Volunteer, join, participate ~ there is more to high school than just academics
- That being said ~ challenge yourself academically and learn no matter what…
- Talk to us – your family ~ mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandparents, siblings ~ OFTEN
- Be kind ~ always ~ no excuses
- Make mistakes and learn from them ~ (and really mean it!) Failure is an opportunity for growth- don’t let it be defining
- Be safe
- Say no ~ you really can ~ say no to what you know is not good for you ~ it will make you stronger
- Know that the love of your family is unconditional ~ and forever~no matter what!
We are ready to take this year on and want to partner with you to provide the best possible experience for your child!
WELCOME TO OUR RAMily!