A challenge was offered below to pass the Wilderness Test (underneath the assessment post on November 21st).
The answers as promised:
- You are hungry and lost in wild country. The best rule for determining which plants are safe to eat is to;
- put a bit of the plant on your lower lip for five minutes; if it seems ok, try a little.
- The day becomes dry and hot. You have a full canteen of water (about one liter) with you. You should;
- drink as much as you think you need when you need it
- You must ford a river that has a strong current, large rocks and some white water. After carefully selecting your crossing spot, you should;
- leave your boots and pack on
- Your flashlight glows dimly as you are about to make your way back to your campsite after a brief foraging trip. Darkness comes quickly in the woods, and the surroundings seem unfamiliar. You should;
- put the batteries under your armpits to warm them and then replace them in the flashlight
- An early snow confines you to your small tent. You doze with your small stove going. There is a danger if the flame is;
SO ~ how did you score????